In 1896 Mosheim (formerly Live Oak) had fifty people, a school, and several businesses. From 1941 till the late 1960's, Mosheim reached its zenith with around 200 citizenry. Thereafter the town began to decline. The Mosheim post office closed in 1976.
The exact date of construction for this schoolhouse has not been identified. It has signs of electricity being added after initial construction. There is a supported rail on the right of the image, possibly for hitching horses.
- Anthony Rathbun Photography
- Image Size
- 7360x3693 / 16.4MB
Texas, Texas Roads, backroad, backroads, Mosheim, school, schoolhouse, school house, abandoned, 2 story, decay, collapse, stone, stucco, hitching post, grass, post, field, arch, column, carving, relief, facade, wood, boards, unincorporated, rural, country, county, live, oak, history, historical, black and white, B&W, black & white, Nikon, d800e, spanish, revival, mission style, North central, United States,
- Contained in galleries